Once upon a time I promised a post about my 1910s dress - a copy of Heather Firbank's dress that is currently held in V&A Museum:
I used cotton instead of linen, but I still tried to reacreate the original to every detail that was given. Unfortunately, there were obstacles that I couldn't overcome like my lack of Edwardian waist. More, I wasn't able to find similiar lace. Anyway, I covered buttons with crochet lace, bind edges with self-fabric bias tape and followed construction tips given on museum page.
Efekt prezentuje się tak:
Here's the efect:
Miejsce akcji: Warszawska starówka
Autor: Beata Śmietaka
I added multi-colored photos so that you could notice the resemblance. It looked much more like original when I put it on my dress form!